Preparation Is Key Before A Divorce
Divorce can be a demanding process. It is important to understand your legal rights and options so you can avoid costly mistakes and set yourself up for the best possible outcome.
If you are planning to get divorced in Florida, you have numerous choices about how to proceed. At Rebecca H. Fischer, P.A., in Hollywood, I can help you make sure you are informed and prepared.
Get The Advice You Need Sooner Rather Than Later
Do not delay in getting the advice you need. Our firm can help you find answers to questions like:
- How long will the divorce process take?
- How much will it cost me to get divorced?
- Do I have to appear before a judge, or can my divorce be settled outside of court?
- Will I get custody of my kids? Will it be shared evenly?
- How can I make sure our assets and liabilities are divided fairly?
- Can I stay in my house, or will I have to move?
- Will I have to go back to work if I’ve been a stay-home parent?
- Who will get the business we both worked to build?
- What rights do I have as a parent who stayed home with my children while my former spouse worked?
- My husband and I have been separated for a few years. What happens if we want to get divorced now?
- Will I pay or receive alimony? If so, how much?
- Should I expect to pay or receive child support? If so, how much?
Contact Rebecca H. Fischer, P.A., In Hollywood, Florida
Talk to an experienced lawyer about your concerns. The support of friends, family, counselors and religious leaders can be helpful, but it is not a substitute for legal advice. Call me at 954-546-7250 or send me an email.