Avoid Conflict, Resolve Problems And Stay Out Of Court
In a family legal dispute, going to court to have a judge issue a verdict can take extensive time and money. It also pits people against each other, resulting in unnecessary conflict. Alternative dispute resolution, or ADR, allows you to avoid this.
This is where Rebecca H. Fischer, P.A., comes in. My name is Rebecca Fischer. For more than 40 years, I have resolved stressful family law challenges through strategic alternative dispute resolution.
What Should I Know About ADR?
Alternative dispute resolution is when the parties in a conflict work together to arrive at a mutually satisfactory outcome. You can use ADR for separation and divorce, business disputes, will contests and many other conflicts. There are three main methods of ADR:
- Negotiation: The parties sit down to discuss their differences privately and come up with solutions to their problems.
- Mediation: A neutral mediator sits down with the parties to mediate discussions and help them arrive at a solution.
- Arbitration: The parties present their sides of the story before an arbitrator who issues a legally binding decision that remains private.
In all methods of ADR, you should have a lawyer to represent you and advocate for your rights.
Weighing The Pros And Cons
Like litigation, alternative dispute resolution has its benefits and its drawbacks. Before you decide on ADR, you should consider these factors:
- Keeps things private
- Usually takes less time
- Usually costs less money
- Maintain amicable relationships
- The other party might not cooperate
- May have to compromise important issues
- No guarantee of a solution
As an attorney, I prioritize a creative approach to resolving disputes with ADR and strive to prevent litigation. I can help you decide whether it is right for your unique situation.
Discuss Whether ADR Is Right For You
If you are interested in using alternative dispute resolution in your legal challenge, I can represent you. Call my Hollywood law office at 954-546-7250 or send me an email today to schedule a consultation.